Regional Competitiveness and Technological Innovation: Comparing North America and the EU and Learning From Best Practices
Please join the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), the Institute for Competitiveness (I-Com), and the German Economic Institute (IW) for the release of a joint study examining subnational economic systems in North America and the European Union from an innovation-competitiveness perspective.
ITIF, I-Com, and IW are members of the Global Trade and Innovation Policy Alliance (GTIPA), an international network of more than 40 leading think tanks that support greater trade liberalization and integration. Their new report provides insights into indicators of competitive success for subnational areas in today’s globalized, innovation-driven economy.
18:00 CET — Introductory Remarks
- Massimiliano Salini, MEP, INTA Committee
- Stefano Verrecchia, Deputy Permanent Representative of Italy to the EU
18:20 CET — Transatlantic Competitiveness and Innovation Index Presentation
- Stefano da Empoli, President, I-Com
- Stephen Ezell, Vice President, Global Innovation Policy, ITIF
- Axel Plunnecke, Head of the Cluster Education, Innovation, Migration, IW
18:40 CET — Panel Discussion: How Transatlantic Relationship Could Help Innovation: Towards a Bottom-Up Approach?
- Hubertus Bardt, Head of Research, IW (moderator)
- Gerard de Graaf, EU Senior Envoy for Digital to the US
- Stefan Berger, MEP, ECON Committee
- Eleonora Faina, General Manager, Anitec-Assinform, The Italian ICT Industry Association
- Thomas Koenen, Head of Digitalisation and Innovation, German Business Association (BDI)
19:30 CET — END
* To be confirmed