The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)—a nonprofit, nonpartisan science and tech policy think tank—seeks a part-time or full-time communications intern for the coming winter/spring. The intern will assist with a range of activities related to the organization and promotion of ITIF and its policy research.
- Build press contact lists and assist with other contact management activities.
- Research and track news coverage of ITIF and relevant policy issues to inform daily communications activities.
- Draft recaps of ITIF events.
- Assist in managing digital media accounts, including brainstorming and drafting posts for the ITIF website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Support event planning and execution.
- Demonstrated interest in communications, public relations, and/or public policy.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, organized, and thoughtful manner.
- A creative and proactive thinker.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with database management software, PR software (i.e., Vocus, Cision), and/or basic A/V equipment (i.e., cameras, microphones) preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com with “Communications Intern” in the email subject line:
- Cover letter (1 page max; please note preferred start and end dates for internship);
- Resume (1 page max); and
- Writing sample (2-3 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. (Last updated October 10, 2018.)