The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), a Washington, DC-based think tank, is seeking a research assistant for tech policy issues. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in tech policy, as well as exceptional writing and copyediting abilities. Individuals with a strong interest in Internet policy debates, including privacy, security, and platform regulation, are especially encouraged to apply. This position will report to the vice president of ITIF.
- Assist in writing and conducting research for reports, regulatory filings, and op-eds.
- Provide research support (e.g., drafting literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, checking sources, writing citations, preparing presentations, etc.).
- Attend and summarize hearings and events and track legislation and regulations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in public policy, economics, political science, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience designing presentations and copyediting publications.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com with “Research Assistant, Tech Policy” in the email subject line:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max). Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered;
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to tech policy (2-3 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled (last updated October 3, 2019).