The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF) is proud to partner with the Portulans Institute and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for a discussion on how America can strengthen and revitalize its innovation to ensure continued global competitiveness. Experts will discuss the state of innovation in America in the context of the recently launched Global Innovation Index (GII) 2020 report.
This virtual event will take place on September 15, 2020, from 12 pm to 1:30 pm ET. It will follow the global launch of the GII, which will be hosted by WIPO on September 2nd, with Ministerial participation.
The 2020 edition of the GII is dedicated to the theme of ‘Who Will Finance Innovation’? The 13th edition of the GII sheds light on the state of innovation financing by investigating the evolution of financing mechanisms for entrepreneurs and other innovators, and by pointing to progress and remaining challenges—including in the context of the economic slowdown induced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The USA Launch will also provide an opportunity to share the latest GII rankings of economies around the world. It will include world-leading experts who will discuss GII 2020 results, with a particular focus on the United States.
- Robert D. Atkinson, Ph.D., President, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Prof. Soumitra Dutta, Founder and Co-Editor, Global Innovation Index; Professor of Management - SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University, and President, Portulans Institute
- Dr. John Kao, best-selling author, and Chairman, Institute for Large Scale Innovation
- Carolina Rossini, Co-Founder and CEO, Portulans Institute (Moderator)
- Sacha Wunsch-Vincent, Co-Editor, Global Innovation Index & Head, Section, Economics and Statistics Division, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva